Tips for Learning Guitar
Learning to play the guitar is a lot of fun but it requires patience and perseverance. As they always say, practice makes it perfect. Self-taught is good, but it would be best if you seek training from professional guitarists. You may also watch videos online to get tips for learning guitar. JamPlay and Guitar Tricks are one of the most recommended must-see websites.
Here are some tips on playing the guitar:
1. USE A METRONOME – A metronome is any device that produces regular metrical beats. It can be set in beats per minute (BPM). It helps you maintain an established tempo while practicing guitar. It is a recommended tool because it helps play rhythm accurately.
2. USE CORRECT FINGERING – Make sure that you are using correct fingering of a chord and your hand is in proper position on the fretboard for scales.
3. TAKE IT SLOWLY – Trying to do it fast would just frustrate you. What you need to do is to dissect each passage and focus on the basics and techniques so you can play it correctly.
4. USE YOUR EARS – If you develop a good ear, it will help you a lot in recognizing melodies and chords. It will also enable you to play at ease without looking at the music sheet.
5. MASTER THE BASICS – You should know the basics of music theory. A good knowledge of the craft will enable you to go a long way.
6. PRACTICE – Set aside at least few minutes of your time every day to rehearse playing techniques. You can even do silent rehearsing. It will help a lot if you have a good playing habit.
7. NEVER STOP LEARNING – Do not be afraid to try difficult passages. Try to challenge yourself and learn new things. The knowledge you gain will grow along with the more you know about your instrument.
With the help of the internet, you can master your craft through the help of websites that are offering guitar lessons online. You can do this anytime you want in the comfort of your home. There are a lot of videos that you could watch. The good thing about it is you can always pause it while practicing, repeat it or go back to it over and over without worrying about paying for extra time. Some websites are giving out free trials. Or if they do charge, it is only going to be a very minimal fee unlike if you hire a personal instructor who normally requires a pay per hour.…